Wednesday 9 December 2009

First day

Today was the official start of the Graded Unit. We had a good talk about it in class and the tutor outlined what we have to do quite well.

We also got to see some work from past students; some good some not good, but it was helpful to see how they'd set it out, presented it etc.

The good news is that this year for the first time we only have to provide 10 images as a minimum. Which probably means that those 10 images will be more heavily scrutinised by the adjudicators, but I'm not too bothered about that. I don't want to submit any old rubbish just to make up the numbers. Last year they had to provide 20 images which is probably why I wasn't that impressed with their work.

I'm not going to do the Hollywood starlets any more, I don't think. What I'm concerned about is booking a model who doesn't turn up, or a hair stylist making my "starlet" look like Edward Scissorhands. I really don't want to have to rely on other people for this particular project. I might still do it as a side project for those keen enough however, but I've got a few other ideas I'm more interested in. I'll need to choose my subject soon and stick with it. Our tutor warned us that changing halfway through could be disastrous.

I'm going to have a good think about it over the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment