Friday 18 December 2009

Going to Edinburgh

I completed the risk assessment form today and had it signed off, so I'm definitely going into town tomorrow. It's actually quite good that they've banned the tripod as it made the risk assessment easier to complete.

I'm going to have another look at other peoples online images of the station to try and get an idea of where they were shooting from.

I'm still not sure if I'll go ahead with this idea though. I was searching the internet today and discover a photographer on Flickr who creates these amazing planetoid images:



What she's doing is taking a 360 degree shot by swinging the camera round on a tripod then stitching the images to form a panorama. She then does some clever stuff in Photoshop to make it look round. I've already watched a YouTube video on the technique and it looks fairly straight forward.

When I'm in Edinburgh tomorrow I'll take the tripod and grab a few 360 test shots then come home and play with them. I'll also apply the tilt/shift technique to the train station shots.

After that I guess I'll make up my mind and try to stick with it. But it'll all probably change again in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment